Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimped Sammon for Dinner

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some fresh salmon and shrimp Friday and used DP's maple salmon (fav way to make salmon atm)..for the shrimp just skewered, covered one side with DP Swamp Venom and one side with Tsunami spin. Cooked both on the small direct at around 350...boiled some fresh broccoli and made some cheese sauce...note to self..drain the broccoli better before adding cheese sauce, tends to thin it out! :blink: ..added sweet taters with cinnamon/sugar dusting...was good eats!
Jan24_003.jpg

Comments

• rockytopsc
    Options
    Nice lookin cook and presentation. I have a lot of those nts moments myself :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    That looks real good. not even 10:00 yet and I'm getting hungry. eggs will be busy today with burgers, loin bacon and 2 whole yard birds :woohoo: . now I might have to pick up some salmon to go with it :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Hey...your cheese sauce looks darn good from my view!
    ;)
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    hehe..thanks and same here..sometimes I cant find a pen or paper to write them on cuzz I write so many! :blink:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    that sounds like a great meal Pat....I have a 7lb butt at about 196 right now..when that comes off gotta make a pot of baked beans and already made some slaw..now just gotta run to the minit mart and get some cheap buns to hold the PP! :laugh: :woohoo:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    thanks Clay, I make it with Velveeta so it's really creamy usually and good, this was just a bit thin cuzz I left too much hot water on the broccoli..doh! :blink:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that made me laugh :lol:

looks really good i need to eat more fish

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mukl
    mukl Posts: 66
    Options
    Very nice.

Have you considered roasting vegetables?

Basically, I don't boil anything anymore...as you said, the water tends to mess things up. Also, I always seem to over cook the veg in water.

Roasting, either via the oven or egg, I always seem to leave things under cooked...which in veg world, I like better...a little more crisp and fresh.

Broccoli is a favorite. Toss with EVOO and salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes depending on size of florets at 400 degrees. Some of the florets will get nice and dark and crispy and the stems will stay al dente.

I don't even boil or steam frozen veg anymore. I put frozen veg in a fry pan with some EVOO and just toss until ready and coat with my spice of the day.

:)M