Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I got some lump!

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I didn't have time to hunt around so picked up a bag of Kingsford. It really doesn't seeem that bad. I came home the other day and there was a High Mountain Seasonings box on my porch. I been thinking about trying to make some sausage but hadn't ordered any. I bring the box inside and see it's some stuff I ordered from Freds. They are just recyling the box. I opened the box and it smelled pretty good.At first I thought it was left over from the High Mountain, but no a taste pack of Tasty Licks
IMG_0448.jpg

The Mellow Yellow is a Lemon Pepper blend. I tasted a little, mostly lemon with some pepper. I decided to try it on some striped bass. So some Wegmans basting Oil and the Mellow Yellow.
IMG_0449.jpg

Its warmed up to 25 last night, that -4C for Beli so no eggshots. Not a very pretty plate but a very tasty fish. I went a little to light on the Mellow Yelllow so it just added a hint of flavor.
IMG_0450.jpg
I've gone salt water fishing at least once a year since I've been a kid and its a shame that it took this long to catch a striper it is a fine eating fish. Here's me with one of them. It was just below freezing that day.

IMG_5429.jpg

Comments

• NoobEgger
    Options
    Nice fish Tom. I too go "big" fishing once a year. I usually go to Pyramid Lake in Nevada for those big Lohantan Cutthroat Trout. Yeah I received some of those tasty licks from Fred as well, haven;s used them yet, but they smell pretty good.
    DSC02614.jpg