Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekly Weight Loss Results 01/19/09

FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
edited 11:26PM in Weight Loss Forum

Forum Handle Followed by Percentage of Body Weight Lost to Date.
[ol]
[li]crghc98 6.27%[/li]
[li]Midnight Smoker 5.83%[/li]
[li]Kokeman 5.10%[/li]
[li]Fidel 3.49%[/li]
[li]BigGreenTree 3.26%[/li]
[li]Fishlessman 2.17%[/li]
[li]EGC 1.78%[/li]
[li]BKC 1.25%[/li]
[li]EmandM's Dad 0.66%[/li]
[li]Misippi Egger 0.42%[/li]
[li]Inksmyth 0.23%[/li]
[/ol]
I got no response from a few participants. I will continue to post these results in this format for a few weeks, then when I have more data will progress to charts, etc.
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,140
    i know its not a race, but i see i have to pick up the pace. :laugh:
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Look at it this way - you keep the same pace you're on and in 46 weeks you'll disappear completely!

I honestly think any more than 1.5-2% per week is unrealistic. Nearly everyone drops quite a bit in the first couple weeks. A steady sustained pace is the key.
    ·
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Thanks for keeping up with this. I'm also tracking it on the Wii Fit at home, but I figure that a little more public showing may help me out.
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    I have not exercised this week. :( Got a sinus infection can't hardly breath. Hopeful later this week I can get back into it. Thanks Fidel
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I think my % just tells me how fat I really got...and how lazy I had become...

Thanks for doing this...seeing the results publicly is a good motivation to work hard this week at the gym
    ·
  • Fidel,
    I agree. My doctor has warned me repeatedly that any sustained loss of more than 1-1.5% a week is unsafe
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    agreed...WWatchers even states after the first 2-3 weeks weight loss should be at 1-2lbs per week for the average person.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Hey Mike - did you get your email yesterday?

Check your mailbox tomorrow or Saturday for a small surprise.
    ·