Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Tenderloin

ckcgnfshnckcgnfshn Posts: 21
edited 3:53PM in EggHead Forum
Hello,

Does anyone have any tips on doing a full Beef Tenderloin? If so, what temp to cook it at and what temp would you pull it at for medium rare? Also any tips on marinade and do you sear it first?

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    I would not marinate the tenderloin. I would heavily season with S&P. Here is the way I have done them in the past. I haven't done them often (too expensive). I would treat it like a roast. Sear at 550 all around the meat. Take the tenderloin off the egg. Allow the egg to cool down to 375/400. Put the meat back on the egg and roast to an internal temp around 135 for rare to medium rare. Let rest for at least 10/15 minutes. Slice and serve. good luck, Tom
  • Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    Cut out all the silver membrane and trim to your liking.
    Spread some kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a little ground cumin on a cutting board.
    Roll the tenderloin in the spices.
    I use a HOT cast iron griddle to give the tenderloin a good sear, all around.
    Cover with aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
    Cook on a raised grid or indirect at 250* to 130* internal.
    Let rest 30 minutes before cutting.