Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Monday Weigh In

Midnight SmokerMidnight Smoker Posts: 220
edited 6:30PM in Weight Loss Forum
1/19/2009 - 226

It's been a good two+ weeks so far. Portion control has been my biggest weapon to this point. The few times we've gone out to eat we have been splitting meals. When cooking at home, I've been putting the leftovers away even before we eat and after that if my wife has some leftover, it goes in the fridge too, no longer into her human garbage disposal. :)
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,963
    started last week, 230, this week 225. sipped on cabo wabo, cut back on the sam adams while ice fishing. :whistle: went bigger with the breakfasts, bacon eggs and homefries, but smaller with the dinners keeping dinners simpler like baked potatoes one night, half a small lamb roast another, stirfry another, and chicken terryaki sticks for lunch, not much to buy out there for lunches during the week for low cal high protien but i dont like to bring stuff to work.
    ·
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Dang it. No change from last week. Not really sure what the problem is though. 30 - 40 minutes per day of cardio on the eliptical, plus weight lifting 4 days a week. More protein and less carbs. The wife says I'm losing some around the middle, but it's not showing up on the scale. Maybe this week will be better. Overall, I'm still down 5 pounds for the year but was looking for a pound or two of weight loss per week.

1/18/09 - 276, ouch
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Take your measurements. You can lose lots of inches and no weight.
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    emilluca, I wish more folks would tell their kids and grandkids that kind of truth!! I miss my Papaw.
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    1/19 320 :blush:
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    1/19/09 239
    ·
  • Old SaltOld Salt Posts: 357
    Haven't lost any weight but exercising with my DP I found that the flab in my upper arms used to be muscle. OWWWW!
    ·