Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Attempt at Beef Back Ribs

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,138
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I didn't let today's cold weather (7 degrees at 9:00 AM) deter me from my plan to cook some Beef Ribs for the first time.

I want to thank Thirdeye for his description and suggestions on cooking great ribs. They really came out great. They were extremely tender - I did put them in foil with some broth for about a half hour at the 4 hour mark, but I really don't think that was necessary since they were very tender already at that time. I took them out of the foil and put them back in the rack for another half hour and then it was time to eat.

I used some DP "Raising the Steaks'

Here's how they looked when they went in the BGE
DSC04377.jpg

At the 3 hour mark
DSC04381.jpg

and finally done at 5 hours
DSC04385.jpg

Luckily there are plenty left over for tomorrow.

Barry
Barry Lancaster, PA

Comments