Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Low Fat Recipe - Yogurt-Chili Chicken

FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Oh yea, this was good.

The marinade:

1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt

Whisk together and add 3 or 4 boneless skinless breasts. Let them soak for 2-3 hours in the fridge.

The salsa:

1 red bell pepper, diced
1 mango, diced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
6 Tbsp plain non-fat yogurt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chipotle powder
Cilantro to taste, chopped

Just mix all ingredients and allow at least an hour for the flavors to mingle.

I cooked the chicken direct on the mini at 350* until they registered 160* internal. Allowed to rest for 5 minutes, then sliced on a diagonal and topped with a few spoonfuls of the salsa.

Served with a salad of mixed greens, slivered toasted almonds, a little reserved diced bell pepper, and a few croutons. Dressing was made with non-fat yogurt, lime juice, dijon mustard, and pepper.

What a great meal. The stats on the chicken are, per serving: 230 calories, 21g carbs, 33g protein, 2g fat, 7mg cholesterol. The chicken was extremely moist and very tender.

OnTheMini.jpg

PlaedNoSalsa.jpg

PlatedFinal.jpg
·

Comments

• Fidel, looks good enough to eat ;) . How did you raise the grill? Thanks, DOW
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I use the mini-woo ring from the ceramic grill store.

I use it for every cook on the mini.
    ·
  • That looks good and moves to the top of the I have got to try this soon list. Who says eating healthy can't be fun or taste great?

Thanks for sharing,
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    Looks & sounds like a winner! 8 - ),,,
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,886
    Thanks for dinner tonight. That looks really good. I'm off to find a mango! :cheer:
    ·
  • emt_24emt_24 Posts: 93
    Made this for dinner tonight and OMG!!!!! Its great!
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was very good as well.
    ·