Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Low Fat Recipe - Yogurt-Chili Chicken

FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
edited 5:43AM in Weight Loss Forum
Oh yea, this was good.

The marinade:

1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt

Whisk together and add 3 or 4 boneless skinless breasts. Let them soak for 2-3 hours in the fridge.

The salsa:

1 red bell pepper, diced
1 mango, diced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
6 Tbsp plain non-fat yogurt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chipotle powder
Cilantro to taste, chopped

Just mix all ingredients and allow at least an hour for the flavors to mingle.

I cooked the chicken direct on the mini at 350* until they registered 160* internal. Allowed to rest for 5 minutes, then sliced on a diagonal and topped with a few spoonfuls of the salsa.

Served with a salad of mixed greens, slivered toasted almonds, a little reserved diced bell pepper, and a few croutons. Dressing was made with non-fat yogurt, lime juice, dijon mustard, and pepper.

What a great meal. The stats on the chicken are, per serving: 230 calories, 21g carbs, 33g protein, 2g fat, 7mg cholesterol. The chicken was extremely moist and very tender.

OnTheMini.jpg

PlaedNoSalsa.jpg

PlatedFinal.jpg

Comments

• Fidel, looks good enough to eat ;) . How did you raise the grill? Thanks, DOW
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    I use the mini-woo ring from the ceramic grill store.

I use it for every cook on the mini.
  • That looks good and moves to the top of the I have got to try this soon list. Who says eating healthy can't be fun or taste great?

Thanks for sharing,
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,400
    Looks & sounds like a winner! 8 - ),,,
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,940
    Thanks for dinner tonight. That looks really good. I'm off to find a mango! :cheer:
  • emt_24emt_24 Posts: 94
    Made this for dinner tonight and OMG!!!!! Its great!
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was very good as well.