Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

need help with spare rib trimmings for baked beans. . .

WashogWashog Posts: 58
edited 10:04AM in EggHead Forum
I saw a post awhile back showing how to trim St. Louis style ribs. In that post it was suggested to save the trimmings and use in baked beans. My question is exactly how do you prepare and use the trimmings for beans? Does the meat need to be pre-cooked and if so, do you do the trimmings on the grill?

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Washog:[p]Yes . . . Low and slow . . .
    [/b]
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Washog,[p]I used my trimmings in Brunswick Stew along with cut prime rib bones, leftover Dr. Chicken's Ham bones, and lots of leftover egg food. Another great way to use those pieces. [p]QBabe
    :~)

• StogieStogie Posts: 279
    Washog,[p]You should cook those right along with the ribs. Don't grill them, they will do better with low and slow.[p]Once cooked, then shred or chunk and use in other dishes.[p]Stogie
  • WashogWashog Posts: 58
    Thanks for the help.