Had a pretty successful improvisation last night tricking up some ground turkey for burgers.
- Started with about a lb of meat (not the 99% fat free, the other kind);
- 2 T of chopped up sundried tomatos - they were not in oil, but were moist - came in some kind of flavor saver pouch;
- finely minced shallot (I used kind of a small one);
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped up
- spices of your choice - definitely use oregano (about 1 T); some fresh ground black pepper and some cayenne
- I needed to add about a tablespoon or so of bread crumbs to bind it all together.
Grill to order (actually, with ground poultry I guess you have to grill to done)[p]Topped it with grilled red onion slices and a delicious aoli sauce. I don't remember the exact proportions in the sauce but it was delicious. E-mail me if you want the measurements - I have them jotted down at home - but these are the ingredients:
- plain yogurt OR mixture of mayo and sour cream, depending if you're watching your figure
- healthy squeeze of lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- feta cheese (actually, last night we used goat cheese - either one worked well with the greek theme we had going)
- garlic to taste (which, in my case, means no one at work will get within 20 feet of me even though I've brushed my teeth 20 times - it was worth it)[p]I enjoyed the hell out of them. Give 'em a try.[p]'Bread