Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BUTT, time?

disabledDKdisabledDK Posts: 64
edited 2:48AM in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone! Just really quick, how long per/pound for bone-in boston butt (pulled pork) at 200-250 direct with drip pan? I think it's 2-2.5 per/lb? Please help?[p]Thanks, DK

• Nu-GuyNu-Guy Posts: 136
    Sorry, I can't help you. I think everyone is watching the basketball game.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,497
    You have it about right. 200 will take a very long time, 250 you will be safe figuring 2.5 hours/lb. [p]Happy pulling.
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    DK, Yup..that will hit it very close.. If you have a vest pocket thermometer start checking it after those figures.
    2.5 x 7 lbs =17 hours @ 220 degrees..Shorten it for higher temps. Someday we will graph a time and temp for Boston Butts and Briskets showing the variables.
    Good luck..C~W
    Looks like Michigan bagged this one.[p]

• Char-Woody, Thank you again everyone for the help. I'm putting the butt on tonight after the GATORS kick some A__! Take care and happy somking.[p]DK[p]
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    DK, Good Luck with the Gators..Its a could be!! :-)