Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

LED Light Advice

PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
edited 4:33AM in EggHead Forum
I have a large and a small BGE in a table built from the plans from the BGE website. I have meager patio lighting right now and need to boost my ability to see what is cooking on my Eggs.

Any advice as to manufacturer/model of a gooseneck clamp on LED lamp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PCO3

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,378
    This works quite well and is surprisingly bright. $20 from Lowes.
    IMG_1615.jpg

It easily mounts using two strong rare earth magnets which grab on to two fender washers screwed to the table like this.
    IMG_1616.jpg
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • PCO,

I have the same issue, and I tend to use one of those LED headlamps. Puts the light right where you are looking, although it makes you look like a geek.

-John
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,378
    all I did was to answer the specific question raised - OTOH I too much prefer my hard helmet mounted NiteBlaster!
    IMG_00611.jpg
    Talk about geeky! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!