Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping Eggtucky

Options
Pharmeggist
Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Eggtucky,
I am signing on tonight rather late but I saw your off topic post about coffee makers.

Being a pharmacist I like things that are simple and yes a little geeky and I found a coffee maker that fits the ticket. BEST OF ALL IS THIS COFFEMAKER IS INEXPENSIVE TOO!

See Link
http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/

the best thing is For under 60 dollars you can make some mighty fine coffee.. very close to french press without having to spend a fortune on a burr grinder to get the right consistency.

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Thanks Pharmeggist...gotit!..wonder if I can get one of those with a programmable timer? ;) :woohoo:
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    What I do to make it a little faster is to pre-fill the kettle with filtered water the night before I go to bed. When I wake up I turn the Gas stove on medium heat. By the time I take a shower and shave the water is just starting to boil. Then I follow the Chemex instructions for brewing :woohoo: I forgot to mention that I use whole beans and grind them to medium grind and use 2 tablespoonsfull for every six ounces of water I use ;)