Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slightly More Done Chicken...

Options
jeffinsgf
jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to be more scientific in my cooking. I've been judging "done" by the seat of my pants for 10 years. I'm usually pretty darn close to perfect, but I hit over done much more than under done. That didn't bother my wife much, but it annoys me to go past the point of perfect. However, "perfect" is a moving target, depending on one's taste. I just finished a spatchcocked chicken that was my first since getting my new Thermapen. Just like it says on the Whiz's site, I had 160 in the thickest part of the breast and 180 (plus, actually) in the thigh. It was "done" but I would have been happier with it a little more done, and my wife was on the verge of telling me to put it back on the grill.

So how much more temperature do I want in my chicken? Where's fall off the bone and where's approaching dry?

Comments