Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bread

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,849
edited 12:36PM in EggHead Forum
336%3A44%3A723232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A4%3B%3B%3A%3C5ot1lsi
<p />I picked up a 3-pack of frozen white bread dough at the grocery yesterday just to see how the bread baked in my BGE compares to bread baked in my breadmaker. This photo was taken after about 23 minutes @ 375° cooked indirect using only the high side of the plate setter. I did crumble up some foil underneath the pan to keep the bottom crust from burning. I wrapped it in towels for about ten minutes afterward while getting dinner ready.[p]I actually thought there would be some smoke flavor, if not from the BGE lump but perhaps from a couple of pieces of pecan I had left over from another cook. Not so. The bread was light and delicious. Went very well with a couple of ribeyes (2 X 2 X 2)and some Yellow Tail Cabernet (first time). Actually, it was a lot lighter but a bit less tasty than bread cooked in my breadmaker. On the other hand, there was almost twice as much. The Yellow Tail was very good.[p]The point is, the frozen stuff ain't so bad and a heck of a lot easier. [p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    Spring Chicken,[p]Looking mighty good. Here's an option for you to consider. Use your breadmachine to make the dough - set it for the dough cycle, and then bake your bread in the pan with the Egg. This will give you a chance to sample your better tasting dough/bread, baked it in the Egg.[p]Puj
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,849
    Puj,
    Haven't thought of that. Thanks.[p]Spring Chicken