Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Armadillo eggs

ReeltachyReeltachy Posts: 54
edited 8:42PM in EggHead Forum
Hi, I wanted to try soemthing different for tonights fireworks. I've been wanting to try Armadillo eggs. I have Jalepenos, cream chese and jimmy dean sausage. I beleive those are the main ingredients. If someone could give me some ideas on cooking times, indirect/direct, etc it would be extremely helpful. Thanks and looking forward to the replies. And Happy New Year to all.

Comments

• EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    There are no 'main' ingredients as you can add whatever your imagination thinks is good, as for cooks, I do them like fatties, indirect around 350 to an internal temp around 170...by the way, mix some minced garlic in that cream cheese and if you have it, another good add is some ham, especially prociutto, green peppers, red peppers, onions, whatever you would like..good luck!
  • Thanks for the cooking times. Cutting up some shallots and garlic as I type. Thanks again and have a safe and Happy New year.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    If you put some yellow food coloring into the cream cheese it looks like egg yolk.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • these are funand very tastey.
    DWC_9221.jpg
    DWC_9238.jpg
    DSC_9242.jpg
    indirect 325-350 internal 165ish
    good luck and enjoy
  • Those look excellent! I will be putting mine on the grill. I will take some pics and if they comme out good I will post them tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    They are yummy! Cook them indirect or direct(just keep 'em moving)325F-350F will work

DSCI0009-15.jpg

DSCI0012-10.jpg
  • What is the coating or rub. It looks like a green tint
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    I see what you mean. Oh, they're just old.! Haha. Must be the herbs in the rub.