Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st time Atomic Buffalo Turd's

Options
Horn Dog
Horn Dog Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This will be a historic weekend for me...I have had a mini BGE for about 2 years...Finally got the Large about 3 weeks ago!! I will be cooking for a group for the 1st time and plan on starting with the ABT's and then cook some slab of Ribs, using the 3 hour indirect method.[p]My question is: When cutting the peppers for the ABT's should I wear gloves or does the "heat" not bother your hands.[p]Horn Dog

Comments

• Dock of The Woods
    Options
    Horn Dog, It has never bothered my hands, but you need to make sure that you don't rub you eyes and stuff like that. And be sure to wash your hands Twice! before you go to the bathroom, and I guess after you go too. Other than that, speaking for myself, I have had no problems. Your guest are in for a treat. Good Luck![p]Hugh, "Sitting on The Dock Of The Woods" all weekend long!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Horn Dog, some folks are more affected than others. If possible I would try to get me a box of disposable food preparation gloves. They are useful for other tasks as well. However, as noted, gloves or no gloves DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES while cutting. If no gloves, wash your hands thoroughly as quickly as possible after cutting. I normally cut mine without gloves but I can recall more than once when I wished I had used gloves. There is nothing but time that will take that burning away once it starts. Good luck, you'll enjoy them.
  • CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Options
    Horn Dog, I use one disposable glove on the hand that I use to hold the peppers when cutting and cleaning-out seeds & membranes. The peppers won't bother your hands but even washing sometimes doesn't get all the hot stuff off and, even hours later you can be in for an unpleasant surprise if you rub your eyes or nose.
  • Horn Dog
    Horn Dog Posts: 14
    Options
    CR,[p]Thanks to all for the suggestions. I will let you know how they turn out.