Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years' Menus

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's everyone's menu looking like for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day? I'm not done, but thinking about:
New Year's Eve
Fidel's Buffalo Chicken Dip
Shrimp (undecided, probably grilled)
Italian Sausage Balls
Pot of Chili
Maybe some wings
Misc. cheeses, summer sausage, crackers, crab dip

New Year's Day:
BB Ribs
Pot of beans (undecided how I'll prep)
Egged cornbread
Creamed Corn
Cole Slaw

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    New Year's Eve I am doing sliders, but instead of using ground beef I am going to use marinated medallions of hanger steak that I will pound flat to make them large enough in diameter. I am also going to bake the rolls myself.

New Year's Day is all about the wings for the football, though tradition dictates we also have to eat a plate of pork, collards, and black-eyed peas so I may just throw a butt on.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    My new mixer is suppose to come on New Years eve (thanks Dover) I will make some dough for Pizza, AZRP style for New Years day & some wings, tailgate stuff. Not sure what else?
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    New Year's Eve I am doing sliders, but instead of using ground beef I am going to use marinated medallions of hanger steak that I will pound flat to make them large enough in diameter. I am also going to bake the rolls myself.

New Year's Day is all about the wings for the football, though tradition dictates we also have to eat a plate of pork, collards, and black-eyed peas so I may just throw a butt on.
    What kind of wings are you going to make? VT plays that night, Coach Hite (VT running backs coach bought seafood from us last week, only his third day off since the summer, he buys regularly in the summer & is a very good cook) Frank Beamer owns an egg but have never sold to him, I think he is a meat and tators guy. Some of my upsets better win so someone can catch up with Flapoolman!!!
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Tea Smoked Duck for NYE.

Pulled Pork, Sauerkraut and Black Eyed Peas for NYD.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I'll probably just do standard hot wings with Anchor Bar sauce. Maybe a few lemon pepper for the kids.

I do a lot of wings during football season.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    YEA me too! I buy 40 pounds cases of jumbo wings from food service friends.
  • EmandM'sDad
    Options
    Dinner: pork tenderloins

midnight: Pizza, Pizza,Pizza!!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I'm getting a lot of the higher ranked games now. I'll be fading fast real soon :ohmy:
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    We are going to a friend's house & kind of splitting up the menu, so I am not sure about everything, but I do want to make some smokebombs for sure
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    What,no ABTs?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    Did some grouper filets on the cast iron grid last night,yummy.Just EVOO and Ragin River. For today,couple of 3# whole chickens to go with my black-eyed's and collards. :)What's the best game today???? I'll be watching the Dawgs but I like the Rose Bowl today as a close one. What do ya'll think?