Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

flat iron steaks

Options
Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
B) I is gonna go nuclear and sear me up a flat iron steak this evening.

I gots some spinach ready to saute with some garlic and got some green beans cooking away.

Today is the first time I have used my EGG in quite some time

I'm ashamed of my lack of use....please collectively forgive me for my non-use.

I did check for dirt dobbers setting up home in my trio of Eggs and thank goodness NONE

i had a co-worker tell me that this happened to his egg andhe sprayed wasp killer into his egg....I bet that makes his food taste great.

Happy new year :woohoo:

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Jan, your forgiven only if promis not to let it happen again! Untill the next time :laugh:
    Nice to see you posting. :cheer: Will you be in Ocala?
    Jupiter Jim and KayNOcook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    2146598.jpg

Speaking of dirt dobbers, did you see this picture that circulated recently through thr barbecue e-mail trail? This is the side shelf of a gasser that had a cover on it.

The whole series is here. The guy put a wasp bomb on a rake and shoved it under the grill and killed the whole hive. You know bees are scarce enough I think I would have called a pro to see if they could have been captured. Of course, with a couple of martini's under my belt I may have done the same thing......

http://programmerdude.newsvine.com/_news/2008/11/24/2146581-the-bees-in-bbq
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Metalhead
    Options
    I did see the pics and then I got to thinking that maybe it might happen to me as well and I even had a dream about bees.

soooooooo long story short...I got scared and I checked them all

happy new year
  • Metalhead
    Options
    Im not sure yet....as you may or may not know....I was laid off on Halloween and started a new job the following Tuesday. If we are slow at the new plant I might be able to take off but I'll have to wait and see....
    I'd love to attend.

Happy new year