Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston Butt Help needed

Smokin' JacketSmokin' Jacket Posts: 62
edited 5:16PM in EggHead Forum
I left town on Wednesday afternoon for the Christmas at the in-laws. I forgot to take about 17lbs of Boston Butt out of the freezer before leaving town on Wednesday. I got back home at about 6:00 tonight (Friday)and took them out of the freezer. I am suppose to have these butts ready for consumption by 3:00 on Sunday afternoon. Is there any way these will be thawed in time to put them on the egg and cooked by 3:00 on Sunday?
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Put them in a sink full of cold (i.e. < 40*) water early tomorrow morning. They'll get close to thawed by tomorrow evening and you can put them on then.

You can put them on partially frozen and they'll still cook up fine. You may need to bump the temps a little toward the end to get them done.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Being they don't cost that much just toss them back in the freezer and pick up 2 more tomorrow
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Thats exactly what I would do too. If I had the money I would buy two more butts and leave the frozens in the freezer. If not then Im certain Fidels method will suffice.
    ·