Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bombuccine casereccio con Soprasata affumicato

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was sitting in my office thinking about what to put the bomba in/on next when the obvious popped into my head. As usual, I cooked numerous versions of this in my head until I settled upon homemade fettuccine infused with bomba oil topped with smoked soprasata, caramelized onion & garlic, flat leaf parsley, white wine and grated cheese.It tasted as good as the name is long & was very easy as well.

To make, substitute about an ounce or so of ‘rendered’ bomba oil for one of the eggs in a normal quantity of pasta dough, fabricate the fettucine, smoke about ½ a stick of sweet soprasata, sliced thickly, over your choice of wood (to both lay some smoke & crisp on, in addition to rendering away some of the fat), remove & chop, caramelize the onion & garlic in a substantial amount of extra virgin olive oil then remove from pan, de-glaze with a nice glug of white wine, add back all ingredients and mix, then throw in a hand full of flat leaf parsley & the bomba pulp & roll the cooked pasta in, let it all get jiggy for a minute or two & top with grated pecorino.

Decant a nice ballsy red wine, I went with a 2001 Brunello DOC:

IMG_2644.jpg

Fresh raw pasta, it has a distinctive bomba-tint that really doesn’t show in the picture;

IMG_2650.jpg

I slow smoked the Soprasata on mini with a chunk of Boss Hogg’s homegrown & chopped Cherry, very nice, very aromatic, & a big thanks to Brian for the very generous gift:

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

All the raws, or partially cooked’s, ala JL:

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

On the plate I give you the finished bombuccine casareccio fatto con olio di bomb, polpa di bomb, soprasata affumicato, cipolla e’ aglio fritto, prezzemelo fresco Italiano, vino bianco e’ formagio gratugiato:
IMG_2657.jpg

* this is a very oily dish, but good healthful oil. This is why I render the soprasata. If you have an aversion to high oil content, just cut down on the amount you use to caramelize the onions in, or remove them after they are done & discard the oil (a crime, but if ya gotta ya gotta).
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments