Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Results, Tree Results, My Aching Back Results

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, my neighbor who is far too generous for his own good, helped me cut up the top of the tree to get it off his driveway (ok, he had some interest in helping me this time) and we drug the branches, of which there were many, to the street. My back is killing me. His reward? About a pound of brisket. I figure $2 worth of meat and $100 worth of knowledge to cook it. Like I used to tell some of my passengers when I gave hot air balloon rides, "The ride is free, the landing is $200."[p]But on to the brisket. It was in the egg 10 hours at 220 and only got up to 165 degrees, so it was still a bit chewy. I notice on Nature Boy's site that they had their brisket in for 14 hours, so I guess I should do this overnight in order to get the temp up to the fork tender stage? I wonder if cooking it at 250 say, would reduce the time significantly? Oh, well, I'll just have to try again![p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments