Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for Lump

Lake Conroe EggerLake Conroe Egger Posts: 285
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been reading some past posts on good lump since my source of bge has dried up.
Any Houston area eggers know if Ozark Oak or Royal Oak is available locally?

Thanks again for all the help everyone has given me.
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I live in Ga but I think Wal Mart sells Royal Oak in most areas all year long. Also check with your local Ace Hardware, Home Depot & Lowes...Ace usually carries lump all year also...
    ·
  • Wal Mart carries Royal Oak up near DFW, you might check down there
    ·
  • My Walmart hasn't had any Royal Oak since Ike but Kroger now carries their own lump which I'm told is Royal Oak.

I use it and haven't had a bad bag yet. Good price too.

Spring "Off To See The Butts At Sam's Club" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,296
    I use to get picnic and B&B lump at brookshire brothers. Both are very good, B&B sparks a bit when lighting.....

Pacserv in Friendswood distributes Picnic. B&B is handled by B&B in Wiemer, TX, west of Houston. Give both a call for additional local retailers. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • I just picked up 10 bags of Kingford hardlump at our King's Soopers on special order. It took about 2 weeks to get.
    ·
  • PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 516
    Frank, I just purchased Royal Oak at the Wal-Mart in Conroe. Academy on 336 has plenty of B&B and HEB off 336 had plenty of Kingsford. All say they are USA product. Good luck. Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Frank, my Wal-Mart down here carrys the RO made in USA. I would think one of yours up that way would.
    ·
    What's with your Wal-Mart, Spring? Mine always seems to have it. I buy several bags when I do buy it.
    ·
    There is a firewood store here in League City that sells B&B, but my Egg dealer here sells BGE lump.
    ·
  • I think they are managed by communists. You know, the people who seem to have one mission in life and that is to iss me off. By not stocking Royal Oak they are certainly meeting their goal.

I check once a week and the stalls are always empty.

But my Kroger always has their brand. It's good and it's cheaper.

I'm good with that so long as those pesky communists don't take over Kroger too.

Spring "Why Is Every Commie Always Picking On Me" Chicken
    ·
  • Thanks everybody I'm off to get some good fuel!
    ·