Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Christmas!

NilsNils Posts: 82
edited 11:24PM in EggHead Forum
Just like the song! Well the adjusted lyrics anyway...

My christmas presents came early: DIGI-Q arrived yesterday, grill extender showed up today, and 15 pounds of cured pork butt is ready to go on the grill later this evening!

Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

Glad someone thought I was good this year :)

Comments

• Nils,
    You well love your DigiQ and you well be able to sleep thru the night! If you need help give me a call 279-0409.
    Ross
  • NilsNils Posts: 82
    Thanks for the offer, Ross!

DIGI-Q was easy-cakes to set up! Had it up and running in just a couple minutes. Easier than I thought it would be, I thought I might have to actually *gasp!* read some instructions. But, just plugged it all in, dialed in the temp, and it was off-and-running.

It overshot temp by maybe 10 degrees, so I choked the air flow down and it is running just fine.

Wife keeps asking me, if it works just fine, why do I keep going outside to look at it! She just does not understand that I want to go out and admire it and bask in its glory! :laugh:
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    I am trying to be bad so everyone will give me more lump.. :)

My wife asked me "What the hail (she is southern) do you need with more charcoal? You have a shed full."

As I always respond to her "Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket."
  • Thats what I did when I got mine All are wife's think that we are nuts! Maybe they are right.
    My Best,
    Ross
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL a little reversed here, hubby thinks I am little to wrapped up in eggin, but he never seems to complain come dinner time. :whistle: and I know now that the truck is about done he will get back in to it. he has been tied to the garage trying to get it finished to go.
    lol, that is understandable, seing as how you already have all your toys!

What are you up to? 6 eggs, 4 DIGI-Q, and 5 adjustable rigs? What else could you need but more lump?!?

:laugh:
    Ross,

Have you found anyone local who sells Apple, Maple, or Peach wood chips or chunks?

Buckboard bacon turned out good, still room for improvement on my part ;) Was just a little on the salty side, so I'll soak it for half a day longer next time. Also used a little too much hickory - but overall not bad, definitely doing this again, and on a fairly regular basis!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    3 digi-qs and three adjustable rigs.

Well I could use another set of Grate-mates..

A mini and a medium egg would be nice too