Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentines Day Hens (Pics)

Options
Joel Ferman
Joel Ferman Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PA110040.JPG
<p />Game hens stuffed with swedish country potatoes, butter, roasted garlic, oliveoil, roasted onion, bacon, carrot, rosemary, lemon pepper, lemon, and garlic herb rice, then rubbed with honey and brown sugar, served on a bed of wild rice with a rasberry dipping sauce.[p]Enjoy the pics gentlemen!
-Joel [p]P2150004.JPG[p]P2150003.JPG[p]P2150005.JPG[p]P2150009.JPG[p]P21500011.JPG[p]P2150012.JPG[p]P2150013.JPG[p]P2150014.JPG[p]P2150015.JPG[p]P2150016.JPG[p]P2150019.JPG

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    Looks to me like Joel Ferman stuffed with Game hens, swedish country potatoes, butter, roasted garlic, oliveoil, roasted onion, bacon, carrot, rosemary, lemon pepper, lemon, and garlic herb rice! (Grin!)[p]Looked good Joel![p]How did meal two go? (And where did you put it?)[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• Banker John
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    Darn Joel... 2 valentines day dates! I turly enjoy living vicariously through your posts.[p]Of course, if I HAD TWO valentines day dates, I would have had a much bigger grin than the picture you shared. LOL[p]Banker John

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    Well, bugger me! That photo of you explains it all. You are Jamie Oliver! Or his twin! Nobody can cook faster than Jamie! :-)
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    PA110040.JPG
    <p />Joel Ferman,[p]What type of Hen was this? LOL[p]Man you fix some nice meals! Those looked great.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Boccie,
    I'm tellin' you guys, this is NOT Joel. This is Jamie Oliver, The Naked Chef! I swear it is him![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Banker John
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    This cannot be the Naked Chef. There is a blue shirt in the picture. The naked Chef would be Naked wouldn't he?[p]Banker John

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Boccie:[p]Nope . . . Not Joel . . . No bikini clad babes in the background . . .
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    Great looking hens,beautiful color, did you put anything on the skin? (butter,olive oil???)[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    New Bob,
    Yes, yes I did. I put brown sugar and honey on them.
    -Joel

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Thanks Joel,
    Hope I can get color like that on my beer butt chickens.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,
    Well, meal 2 is a sad sad story. My roomates date stood him up, and seeing as how it was me, my girl, and my roomate, all we needed were the 3 gamehens, the bacon wrapped scallops, baked potato's and the sickybuns, so I had the prime bacon wrapped fillets, corn and a bunch of other goodies left over, SOOOO, it looks like I dinner #2 is going to go down tonight.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    New Bob,
    I almost forgot to tell you.... if yo do this, make sure to stuff the birds first, then apply the brown sugar and honey and then make SURE to refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.[p]the wya I apply the honey and brown sugar is I throughly clean the birds and wash them with water. Then I pat them down with paper towels until they are totally dry. I then apply the brown sugar and just kinda rub away.... only a certain amount will stay on, so it is a little tough to add too much if you do the brown sugar BEFORE the honey. After the brown sugar is applied then lightly apply a thin glaze of a dark amber honey. [p]When cooking them I like to throw and onion or 2 cut in 1/2 and a few branches of fresh rosemary into the lump.... adds a wonderful smoke taste to the birds.[p]good luck!
    -Joel