Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey breast+Pork butts

Fire Walker
Fire Walker Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My intension is to cook two pork butts and two turkey breasts. I'm going to use a combination of Cherry and apple wood for the smoke. Aside from having to pull the turkey of way before the Butts, what are your thoughts on the two types of meat at the same time? Should I cook them separately? I don't want the turkey to taste like pork butt.
FireWalker

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    They won't..

During competitions many cooks will throw their chicken thighs on with the ribs. Now I know chicken is not turkey, but...

Though I'd probably would put the breasts on near the end of the butt cook.
  • Do you really want to cook the turkey in the 225-250 range? I think you would want to cook it more in the 325 range. Also, I would do the turkey at the end of the butts because you will probably want to use more wood for the butts to add a smokey flavor and the turkey would most likely absorb more smoke then you want.