Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I cooked some'en:Bacon wrap asparagas& Wings

JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited 10:50PM in EggHead Forum
Poured rain all day but at least it was warm. Did a quick cook. Got all the ingrediants togeather first.
11-22-08036.jpg

Broke off the thick stalkie ends of the asparagas and coated them with EVOO, sea salt, cracked pepper, and garlic pepper.
11-22-08037.jpg

Wrapped with pepper bacon and tooth picked four stalks in X shape threw the bacon. Then I made up some wings. DP's Venom, Tobassaco Chapoli, touch of honey, splach EVOO and a pinch of Death Pepper peprika form bill on mine and brown sugar, little honey, teriyakie and soy sause on the wifes.
11-22-08038.jpg

Toss'em all on at 275-350 direct raised grill with a chunk of presimmon for bout 45 min. to hr.
11-22-08039.jpg

11-22-08046.jpg

Wife thought the candles would add a little holiday cheer to the cook and of course Jake joined in. He has really been clingy of late. Even in the heated house all he wants is under me or the wifes hair. Spoiled rotten! :laugh:
11-22-08049-1.jpg

11-22-08050-1.jpg
·

Comments

• ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,318
    I have got to try the asparagus that way, ever since bill got me hooked on plain grilled asaparagus, it is time to branch out. Does the bacon get crispy at the same time the veggies are cooked?
    ·
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Jake's looking at your dinner thinking "but for the grace of God, there go I" :laugh:

Brian
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    He is isn't he!! :laugh:
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    JL:

Everything looks great as usual. I have two questions. Do you pose Jake on the glass or is it his habit. How the duck hunting going? The wife and I like duck
    (always domestic) but I haven't done one on the egg yet. I'll fix that before new years.
    ·
    Could have pulled the asparagas after about 40 min. I had them on the back of the grill and don't know about the other sizes but the medium cooks quicker direct on the back. If I had swapped asparagas and wings I thank the timing would have worked great. Bacon was done but not fry chrisp. More like on a ABT.
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    JL as always you make it look very appetizing.
    ·
    He's a ham. I just stick him where ever I want but most of the time he's on our shoulder. Played hookie today on the ducks. Over 3 inches of rain and with ability to go anytime I want no use going on nasty ones! :blush:
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey JL,that looks great :woohoo: I do love the asparagus wrapped in bacon :woohoo: BTW,thanks for sending us some rain,we really need it :woohoo: We're supposed to get 1-3" of rain by tomorrow night :cheer: It just started coming down ;) :pinch:
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    LOL!! No kidding! He's thinking....'Is that Larry?? Or my brother, Joe? Who AM I living with? Am I next?! :laugh: :laugh: ' :woohoo: Great pic.
    ·