Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
someone gave me a 4lbs pork roast which i have never cooked. does anyone know how i should cook it, or if i should cook it like a boston butt?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    bjorn,
    Check the "submitted recipe" section above, there are some woderful recipes in there. Or just be creative and tell us how it comes out.[p]Wess

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    bjorn,[p]Try this link to my recipe page. Many pork recipes and a nice article on how to cook the various cuts of pork....The Secret to Grilling Great Pork....found under the How To section.[p]http://www.recipegoldmine.com/bbqguru/bbqguru.html[p]Not sure what cut of meat you have, but loin is typically about that size and often referred to as a roast.[p]I would not cook a loin the same as a butt....even though in certain non-BBQ recipes it can be done. I choose to grill this cut.....High heat sear and then back off to 400º and let finish. Should take between 45-60 minutes depending on fire temps. [p]Of course, I have also smoked these at low temps, but I brine them first....that will retain some moisture in the meat and help prohibit drying out. [p]Overall, I prefer grilling them.[p]I have 2 marinating for cooking this coming week. One is in the Fiery Asian marinade the other is wallowing in Mom's Pork Marinade.[p]Stogie[p]
    [ul][li]Stogie's recipe page[/ul]