Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

NY/KC Strip

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 8:29PM in EggHead Forum
IMG_0631.JPG
<p />Don't really know what the difference is between a KC strip and a NY strip, but I've kind of decided that anything over 2 inches in thickness should probably be a KC strip - in NY (even when I lived there) I never saw a strip much thicker than about 1.5 inches.[p]Anyway, the one in the picture (about 2.25-2.5 inches) was marinated in equal parts of bourbon, soy and Worchester sauce for about 6 hours. I let the BGE get to about 800, cooked three minutes per side and then let it sit until it hit 130 inside - yes, I also flipped it once during the meltdown.[p]Results? Outstanding![p]What's the best steak? ...the one that you like the best![p]Life is GOOD!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Gordon,[p]You are killing me with those pictures. Stop that![p]A great lookin piece of animal and cooked to perfection.[p]I hope this finds you doing about perfect :~)[p]Bob

• Gfw,
    I can live with that. Looks great.[p]CWM

• davidmdavidm Posts: 64
    Gfw,[p]I'm pretty sure that, originally, the difference between a KC strip and a NY strip was that the KC one had the bone left in. These days, however, the bone is usually gone on both and the names are used interchangably depending on whom you want to impress.[p]Finally, useless trivia with a use.[p]David