Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tasty Lick'er Thighs

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,336
edited 12:05PM in EggHead Forum
next time she hands them to you & says ‘how’bout somethin new cook-boy’ :kiss: . Bone & skin, season generously with Tasty Licks Original, grind, form into patties, & to mini for about 10 minutes per side at 400. Top with cheese, pickles, onions, & Sticky Fingers Tennessee Whiskey (what else for this ), a very generous gift from sparky:

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

These were incredibly easy and good so I will do them again & again.

Comments

• GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    The chicken burgers look great. Do you like the way the grinder works on the Kitchen Aid?
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,336
    Thanks, & yes, I use it all the time, this is the first time for chicken however, very sticky & a little difficult to form into patties, but the grinder is excellent
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Thats it. Between you and Randy I'm convinced a grinder is a must have.
    No doubt Pat, if you have the Kitchen Aid, the grinder is about $50, & once you have that, for another $50 you can add the tomato squeezer attachment onto the end of the meat grinder, it's a great combination of tools to have
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Those look great Zippy :woohoo: I'm glad that you like the Sticky Fingers,I havn't tried it yet :whistle: I having to start eating healthier,just found out that I have high cholesteral :angry: I may have to try the chicken burgers soon :pinch: ;)
    then you'd want to stay away from these thighs, go with the breasts for lower fat, & the trick is adding the rub, gotta tell you my son doesn't eat anything & he loved these. The sauce is excellent, very thin, not what I was expecting, but you can taste the booze in there & it gives a great flavor, their mustard based is pretty good too, thanks again man, you have broadened my sauce horizons
    Sweet,I'm glad to have you as a guinea pig ;) :lol: I will try it soon ;) How did you know that I'm a breast man? :whistle: :lol: :laugh:
    same way I knew deep-fry'n-roof-mini possibly could maybe result in a little, tiny, problem.... just perceptive like that :lol:
    :lol: :lol: Glad to hear that you're goin back to work before you hurt yourself :laugh: ;) Next time I get bored,I'll show you XL mini,stovetop mini,and my favorite,nightstand mini :woohoo: :laugh: ;) Let's not forget about bathtub mini or coffee table mini :whistle: :P :)
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Very nice and interesting idea. Never would have thought of it.

Why do you season the chicken before grinding?
    Rod, I season it before because I suck at seasoning big piles of ground meat, I never know how much to put in & I never mix it well enough, this way, you can eye the perfect amount & the grinder does all the mixing for you,

Short answer: lazy man's method :) - Did you get my email?
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I got an e from you yesterday...you send any others?
    No that was it, just wanted to be sure - have a good weekend