Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tasty Lick'er Thighs

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,327
edited 12:56AM in EggHead Forum
next time she hands them to you & says ‘how’bout somethin new cook-boy’ :kiss: . Bone & skin, season generously with Tasty Licks Original, grind, form into patties, & to mini for about 10 minutes per side at 400. Top with cheese, pickles, onions, & Sticky Fingers Tennessee Whiskey (what else for this ), a very generous gift from sparky:

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

These were incredibly easy and good so I will do them again & again.
·

Comments

• GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    The chicken burgers look great. Do you like the way the grinder works on the Kitchen Aid?
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,327
    Thanks, & yes, I use it all the time, this is the first time for chicken however, very sticky & a little difficult to form into patties, but the grinder is excellent
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Thats it. Between you and Randy I'm convinced a grinder is a must have.
    ·
    No doubt Pat, if you have the Kitchen Aid, the grinder is about $50, & once you have that, for another $50 you can add the tomato squeezer attachment onto the end of the meat grinder, it's a great combination of tools to have
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Those look great Zippy :woohoo: I'm glad that you like the Sticky Fingers,I havn't tried it yet :whistle: I having to start eating healthier,just found out that I have high cholesteral :angry: I may have to try the chicken burgers soon :pinch: ;)
    ·
    then you'd want to stay away from these thighs, go with the breasts for lower fat, & the trick is adding the rub, gotta tell you my son doesn't eat anything & he loved these. The sauce is excellent, very thin, not what I was expecting, but you can taste the booze in there & it gives a great flavor, their mustard based is pretty good too, thanks again man, you have broadened my sauce horizons
    ·
    Sweet,I'm glad to have you as a guinea pig ;) :lol: I will try it soon ;) How did you know that I'm a breast man? :whistle: :lol: :laugh:
    ·
    same way I knew deep-fry'n-roof-mini possibly could maybe result in a little, tiny, problem.... just perceptive like that :lol:
    ·
    :lol: :lol: Glad to hear that you're goin back to work before you hurt yourself :laugh: ;) Next time I get bored,I'll show you XL mini,stovetop mini,and my favorite,nightstand mini :woohoo: :laugh: ;) Let's not forget about bathtub mini or coffee table mini :whistle: :P :)
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Very nice and interesting idea. Never would have thought of it.

Why do you season the chicken before grinding?
    ·
    Rod, I season it before because I suck at seasoning big piles of ground meat, I never know how much to put in & I never mix it well enough, this way, you can eye the perfect amount & the grinder does all the mixing for you,

Short answer: lazy man's method :) - Did you get my email?
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I got an e from you yesterday...you send any others?
    ·
    No that was it, just wanted to be sure - have a good weekend
    ·