Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Dinner...... (pics)

Options
Joel Ferman
Joel Ferman Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
P2030006.JPG
<p />Marinated lobster tails with spicy spanish safron curry brown rice and seasoned potatoes.
-Joel[p]
P2030008.JPG[p]P2030014.JPG[p]P2030022.JPG[p]P2030024.JPG[p]P2030028.JPG[p]P2030032.JPG[p]P2030035.JPG[p]

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]Wow... Those look fantastic. Your pictures always make me drool. What did you marinate those babies in? That must have been one fantastic meal. Lobster is one of my favorite dishes although I have yet to work up the courage to try them on the egg.

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]You weren't kidding when you said those were large tails! They look wonderful. So how did they turn out tasting?
  • Joel Ferman, you are one lucky dude with someone behind you with deep pocket$! I couldn't even spell lob$ter when I was in college!

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    A picture is worth 1,000 words...so how about a few words on the marinade and how you cooked. Looks great!

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Bob,
    I marinated them for around 2.5 hours using the following concoction.[p]I drizzled a touch of olive oil on them
    Then poured some sake over them
    Next came a bit of chopped garlic, a touch of garlic powder some new england seafood rub and a few squirts of lemon and lime juice.[p]I cooked them using the "dwell in the shell" method in the BGE cookbook (by houndog) But one we started eating we found them to be undercooked and had to throw them back on, and instead of doing another hi-temp cook, I used my traditional method of a light smoking with cherrywood and they came out wonderful.
    -Joel
    (Oh yeah, btw, this is not a common occurence (me eating lobster) this is only my 4th time eating this wonderful meat.)

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Shelby,
    See post below.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Boccie,
    They were wonderful, but I found out what I had read about the smaller tails being sweeter and tastier was correct..... it was an incredible experience to tackle one of those monsters, but if/when I have lobster again..... i'll stick with the smaller tails.
    -Joel

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]Thanks for the low down on that great looking dish. I have a feeling that I will be trying this sooner than I think :~)[p]I'll let you know how they turn out for me. I am without cam and ability at this moment to post the results as you have, but I'm going to enjoy them just the same.[p]
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    Bob,
    You'll definatly enjoy them. I do recommend you go with a slow smoke rather than the "dwell in the shell" method which didn't work to well for me, but to each their own, and most definatly lemme know how they turn out.
    -Joel