Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I like my ribs best, so far!

Still Smokin'
Still Smokin' Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think this is still a bbq forum, although I am wondering if it is more of an encounter group today, just have a beer. I found a better topic to get upset over and that is, how I cook my ribs. This recipe has traveled through my family after my dad was introduced to it by a friend in Atlanta back in the 70's. [p]Recipe: [p]1 cryo pac of babybacks from Sams Club. Strip membrane, cut each rack in half. Place two medium tin drip pans on gas grill (outdoor stove). Place 1 or 2 half racks in each pan. Cover with 1/2 apple cider vinegar and half water. Bring to light simmer and simmer for 30 min. or so. No other seasonings or prep required.[p]While ribs are cooking, fire up egg to 240* or so. Add hickory and apple chunks and grate. Carefully remove ribs from drip pans with tongs (ribs may come apart if overcooked). Add ribs to egg good side down. After 1 hour or so flip, rotating placement on the grill for even cooking (yes my egg has hot spots, and I am glad). Watch that the ribs do not dry out. [p]We find the ribs great without sauce, the vinegar adds a lot. But we usually serve with a homemade q' sauce.[p]I also love to slow cook beef ribs, those I cook low and slow till almost no fat left. We have cooked the bbbacks low and slow before, I like them, but wife prefers the above method, which leaves virtually no fat. [p]I have not tried the 3-2-1 or 3-1-2 or whatever the choices are, I am thinking about it though.[p]don't forget happy hour[p]

Comments