Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo Turds, do they drip too much bacon grease?

Still Smokin'
Still Smokin' Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If I understand the cooking, Buffalo Turds are cooked direct at 325*-350*. I would think they would drip a ton of grease, causing flareups and scuming up the bottom. Or does it eventually burn off?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    still smokin',
    When I do them, i cook them on an elevated grate at 275 tops. Maybe an hour total with a little smoke, then a minute or three at higher temps at the very end. I never have problems with flareups under 300, as long as you don't have the lid open for long.[p]Precooking the bacon a little might help if you wanted a hotter faster cook.[p]To burn the fat off your coals, just run it up hot after you pull off your turds. A few minutes will burn it all off.[p]Cheers!
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    AtomicTurdsongrill.jpg
    <p />still smokin',
    We cook ours on an elevated grid also, but at 350. We put ours on a fish/veggie grid, or in the coleman basket. We do not have problems with flare ups.[p]~nikki