I tried my hand at the Mad Max Turkey and Gravy. The turkey turned out great but I had troubles with the gravy.
Here is the story:
- I poured off the drippings to separate the fat.
- I put the roasting pan on the stove (electric flat top) over high heat.
- Added 2 sticks of butter whisking to get the crud/bits up.
- Butter gets bubble and starts getting brown.
- Start to add flour whisking hard.
- Everything quickly turns black (looks like tar)
Fortunately we were able to call an audible and have the wife whip up some gravy with the stock.