Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mexican Mini Maiden Voyage

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 12:24PM in EggHead Forum
OK Amigos.....this little fella' had been patiently waiting at home..for his Canadian brother (Steve's mini) to make his debut first...
DSCN1258.jpg
Now we can go ahead..today was the day...
DSCN1270.jpg
...And a 3 pound Roast Beef the chosen cook...used Shakin' the Tree...Mustard...Rosemary and Red Wine..
DSCN1274.jpg
Added some Hickory wood chips....
DSCN1276.jpg
....325* F Dome and 135* F Internal...
DSCN1277.jpg
DSCN1278.jpg
Voilá..... DELICIOSO.....
DSCN1281.jpg
Valeria took possession of The Mini and treated us to some S'mores...
DSCN1283.jpg
DSCN1284.jpg
It's all about good friends getting together.....and we were blessed with Chris & Ana's visit...
DSCN1286.jpg

THE MINI.... the best investment I've made for a long time ;)
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Absolutely beautiful first cook on that mini Beli.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    WOW that looks great Beli. Maybe you should have cooked first but Steve's looked dang good also. I'm sure the Mini will belong to your lovely daughter very soon.
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Beautiful Beli ;) I bet the smurfs were the best :lol: ;)
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,321
    beautiful pictorial, food, & scenery as always Beli
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    TKS Rod ...it really exceeded my expectations......wonderful little thing!!
    ·
  • wow, beautiful as always.. and happy thanksgiving to you and yours [yes i know it is an American holiday] but the sentiment is universal
    bill
    ·
  • Wonderful post. Thank you
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I should have added that my youngest daughter also took possession of the mini - it is "her" egg.

Any time I am cooking on the others she always has to check "her" egg to see how her imaginary cook is progressing. She's only 4 so not quite old enough to cook yet.

My 6 year old cooks on the medium, but she enjoys the prep work and watching more than the actual cooking. I actually got a custom handle with her nickname put on the medium. I need to do one for the mini too I guess. My youngest will be 7 or 8 by the time LawnRanger gets caught up. :P

Time spent cooking with the kids is absolutely priceless.
    ·
    Pat......she loved it...it was an instant match....will be difficult getting her permission to use it :lol:
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    It's a little over cooked for me, but I am a Wolf!!!! :woohoo:

Everything look Great!!..
    ·
  • Great looking set up and nice looking cook.

I agree, love the mini!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the family (mini included).

GG
    ·
    Hey Doug hi!!!!! You bet....I had no idea of temperatures with the S'murfs ...it was just their nice sweet smell that announced us they were ready......They were just perfect...the marsh mallows were completely melted....and the chocolate just beginning to melt....
    ·
    TKS Zippy...it was a really nice day ..and if I told you when I had finished the cook and removed the meat foiled it and put it in an ice box...I forgot to take the finished photo on the egg....so I had to put it back..... :pinch: ..just for the photo
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,321
    hey, I bet nobody else around here has ever done that :whistle:
    ·
    Hey bill....thanks to you and your posts on the mini I have a better idea of this completely different individual :cheer:
    ·
  • Beli,
    Great first cook on the mini, the Roast looks perfect! Good Job.
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
    Kent...got some more photos of the second Amish friendship batch yesterday.....already given it to 6 good friends...... Thanks!!!
    DSCN1263.jpg
    ·
    TKS Ross
    Incredible how much that little thing can hold.....how fast it cooks...and how easy it is to control temps....
    ·
  • What a great photo essay, Beli. Those that count you as a friend are indeed lucky.
    ·
    Was good fun.......and produced a great tasting cook.... ;)
    ·
    Great idea Rod must have a handle made for the Mini with Valeria's name on it.
    ·
    Please count me in Brad...glad and honoured to share this forum with the best of the best!!!!
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Great lookin cook there Beli, here's a shot of two of my granddaughters cooking marshmallows for smores on our mini at the Tempe fest a couple weeks ago. -RP

P1020957Small.jpg
    ·
    Randy they are beautiful......Valeria wants to know how old are they...
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,956
    Morning Beli:

Nice looking initial cook! The roast looks perfect. Next you can do the shrimpburgers. :)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • Very nice Beli. I cook fatties on mine at work all the time, sure is a handy little grill.

Mike
    ·
    Hi Jay.....TKS.... do you have a recipe for the shrimp burgers?.....
    ·
    Mike
    I noticed in one of your photos you pulled the thermometer out of the Mini and put the clip outside the dome...I suppose it is to give you some more internal space....I was wondering if it affects the thermometer reading??
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Tell her 6 and 3, interesting they call them smurfs there and s'mores here. -RP
    ·