Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weather Line AZ

Options
EggZona
EggZona Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well it has been a rough day and a half. We have 21 coming over this year. Usually it's higher. Around 30 or so. I have been doing Rotisserie style for the last 10 years. 2 at a time on my Weber Kettle with the attachment. They have been awsome. Bought my Large egg back in May and got an XL at the Tempe Eggfest. Was planning on doing 3 but the head count is not high enough so it's going to be 2 on eggs this year.

Weather is terrible here in the Phoenix area. First time in 20 years that we had rain on T-day. Last year I think it was sunny ad 78. We all ate outside.

To make it worse, had a very busy 3 days at work and came down with a stomach flu yesterday. I was basting up my guts at 3:45 yesterday afternoon. Came home and laid around till I felt good enough to clean up the girls. Managed that painfully. A rough nights sleep then up at 5:30 and it was pouring. Had to go rescue my eggs and set up a new base camp near the edge of the patio with the help of a patio umbrella. We are spoiled here by the dry weather and this has been a little different battling the moisture. Took about an hour to get stabilized. Feel like crap but I am going on with the show and the Turkeys are coming along great. Wish I had more of an appetite. Must say, even in my condition, they smell like a dream.

Doing MM and a seperate SW Mesquite flavor-

Base Camp.

IMG_3918.jpg

Icing the Breasts

IMG_3919.jpg

#1 (23#) on the Grill

IMG_3920.jpg

#2 (13#) on the Grill

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

Starting to pour again right now...... More Later

Comments