Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New mini

Options
EggME
EggME Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yeah, I finally got a mini! I found a GREAT dealer in Colebrook, NH - North Country Pools and Spas. I would highly recommend them, they gave me a great price, gave me a bag of lump and 15% off any accessories I bought that day. Plus they were VERY friendly and helpful.

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Hi Pam! how cool is that!!! so what is going to be the first cook? we think we might be letting the son use the mini while we are in FL this winter. we will take it down Thursday to his house. Not 100% sure yet. we will see, LOL so how is the mini going to get dirtied up?? Julie
  • EggME
    Options
    I haven't made a decision yet on what will be the first cook. Any suggestions? Is it the same for a mini as the other eggs that you should take it easy for a while with temps to let the gasket set? What was your first cook on your mini?
    How do you carry yours around? Would it fit in a milk crate? We want to take ours camping and stuff next summer but we don't want it damaged in the travel and we are trying to think of a way to keep it safe while traveling.

p.s. I wrote a reply to your other post about the dealer in Bangor, I've all but given up on them!
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    how bout the Dizzy Pig Maple Salmon as a maiden voyage, delicious :)

IMG_2114.jpg

& make one of these to carry it around in:

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • EggME
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Marc,

I gotta get one of those!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Options
    the mini, the table, or the fish? :lol: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    do all three Pam! that is a great way to carry it. we just stuffed it in a plastic crate. an old milk one I think it is. I think we did burgers first. with a pouch of onions in red wine with a beef bullion cube. yummy! I forget who posted the recipe a while back but they are good!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Marc,

The mini.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Options
    yea it is a must have, lot of fun, I probably do about 1/2 my cooks on it giving the large a break, & saving a lot of lump too; it's just me & my daughter tomorrow night & she has requested (demanded :evil: ) the maple salmon, she is a sweetheart :P . Still trying to iron out the heat issues although, the coals are so close to the grid you do have to be extra careful or you get charr, what are long beer pauses on the large are more like beer sip pauses now, but its all good
    happy in the hut
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Marc,

I am going to ask Santa for one. Some of the people that I respect most on this forum swear by them.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Look at the mini-woo2 to raise the grid a little. I use it every time I use the mini. It is terrific.
  • Shilomare
    Options
    Marc..

Another alternate to the mini woo ring would be to invest in an extra fire ring for your mini. It will take your grid a few inches higher from the fire allowing for more beer sipping time...

Thanks for the Pizza tips you shared at Wess's TikiFest.....good stuff...

Richard
    Annapolis, MD
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Richard, it was great to meet you, what a party. I wouldn't have thought an extra ring would fit in there, very interesting, gonna look at that next to the device Fidel recommended & bust a move, the beer enjoyment is suffering :lol:
    happy in the hut
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Steve
    I still believe in Santa!!!