Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super bowl menu (go bucs)

Options
Banker John
Banker John Posts: 583
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So ... What is on the menu for Super Bowl.[p]I'm staying simple. Chicken wings (nothing fancy) and baked beans. Both recipes from my friends here.[p]What are you cooking?[p]Banker John

Comments

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Options
    Banker John,[p]Smoked meatball kabobs. I use the frozen ones ( fully cooked ) from the store. Skewer using bamboo sticks with olives, and anything you like. Cooks fast.....big hit last year. Also served with a Hot and spicy BBQ sauce.
  • Ed Earl
    Ed Earl Posts: 28
    Options
    Banker John,
    Wings on the Egg, and a 33pound pig on the roaster.
    GO BUCS!!!
    Ed

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Banker John,
    Pork ribs, french fries and slaw. Oh. And a beer or two.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Banker John
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    BUCS or oakland?

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Banker John,
    Well my wife thinks the Tampa Bay Blue Devils will win. (What tha'?????) She knew who the Oakland Raiders were, so using her guidance, I predict Oakland will win in a close game. I kinda' wouldn't mind to see Tim Brown getting to win a S.B. I usually pull for the older athletes who haven't won the big one. I was rooting for the Diamond Backs vs. the Yankees so that some of their veterans could finally win the big one. Otherwise, this S.B. is a tossup for me.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Banker John,
    I will be doing some Hoisin BB Ribs, Chile or Jambalaya (maybe both) some wings and probably (with gloves) some Atomic Buffalo Terds......and some beer.......GO BUCS!![p]For the glaze:[p]1 cup hoisin sauce
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    2 teaspoons curry powder
    Kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon sesame seeds[p]4-6#'s pork babay back ribs[p]Mix all ingredients and refrigerate.[p]Cook ribs at 300-325 with just sal and pepper sprinkled on the for 3 hours (I use inverted V-rack to hold ribs)[p]After 3 hours coat ribs with generously with Hoisin glaze and cook another hour. When done, sprinkle with sesame seads and gobble them up!

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Banker John,
    Think I might chop up some of this afternoons BBQ brisket and stew up a nice pot-o-chili in the dutch oven over the coals tommorrow afternoon, then run down and rent a DVD of Superbowl XXXVI. As many of you may recall, I did predict the spread and the exact method and time frame in which the game would be won last year. I even voted Vinatieri for Governor this past November, but we got another wet-rag of a Republican.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Banker John,[p]Honey jerk grilled shrimp (appetizers). Elder Wards brisket, minus the direct cook and, if folks are still hungry toward the end of the game, J Appledog's OJ and Rum marinated smoked pork tenderloin in quesadillas. [p]The guests are bringing the liquor pop ingredients (love when that happens!) Go Bucks![p]K~G

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    duck.jpg
    <p />Banker John:[p]I am going to stay simple too . . . Duck with a little lemon pepper rub. Sides to be determined. I had to think this up all by myself because no one will claim me . . .
    [/b]
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I think we should take bets whether the Raider Nation will storm the field at the end or not :-)
    -Joel