Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Pizza stone on spider

Options
belle's dad
belle's dad Posts: 146
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quick question -- Since I have already destroyed a Pampered Chef pizza stone, will I destroy my BGE stone I bought while at the fest, on the spider set up for turkey day? Wouldn't want to do that, getting some great pizzas of the thing.

Gordon
Vero Beach, FL

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I've done just about everything to the bge stones in and out of the egg. The best I've done, damage wise, is a very small chip on one from dropping it on edge. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    The Pampered Chef stones have been documented to break in the egg. I have a BGE and PC stone. Have had the BGE stone up to 650-700 without any problems. BTW I bought a Pampered Chef BBQ glove awhile back. Don't waste your money. Took a CI skillet of cornbread off the egg last night at 450 and barely made it in the house to set it down before blistering started. And I only had to go 10-12'!