Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggcellent Pork Chops...... Or Are They?

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I was checking out the freezer the other day for dinner possibilities when I came across 2 large, juicy looking pork chops that neither my wife nor I could remember putting in there, so I figured they'd been in there long enough and we'd better cook em up before they get frostbit. The next night I grilled them in the Egg at 450 with some Johnsonville Beer-Brats while I did up a bunch of marinated onions, peppers and eggplant on the gasser (I know, sacriledge, but everything comes out hot at the same time and with the wind chill somewhere around 5 to 10 below zero, me and the dog figgered the less time spent outside, the better). After about 25 minutes everything looks just about done so I put dinner on the table and dug in. I went at a beer-brat first and was just noticing a very strange flaking along the fatty edge of my pork chop when my wife cut her chop in half and it immediately separated into about 2 dozen pieces. I thought "what the he!! is going on here" when I suddenly remembered where the chops came from; About 3 months ago, a friend of mine, who was scared because he'd never tried it before, gave me 5 pounds of Irish bacon which I had portioned out, froze half and forgot about. It was absolutely delicious, and all the leftovers went into jumbo omelets for dinner the next night, with the leftover omelets making breakfast sandwiches the next morning. I don't get that many meals out of a Boston butt.[p]Anyway, Cheers and Good Q,
C~Q <dope slap