Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:40 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who should be committed

The plumbing alert came a second time in less than two time periods, the first being a preventive maintenance measure prior to entering the recharging chamber. The more recent included a need for haste, which I took serious and moved quickly to the forward facility maintenance department where I promptly pulled the pressure release lever instantly removing the threat of a dangerous biofluid mishap.

While still in 'make-haste' mode I quick-stepped into the food preparation area to perform the required refrigeration illuminator visual check for proper functioning. I gently but firmly moved the front panel to the 'ajar' position and could instantly visualize that the illuminator was in full function because it illuminated the most recent inventory addition, Fred, a magnificent 2008 model of a fully assembled but de-feathered meleagris fowl that is currently recovering from a severe case of the chills. I didn't have the internal pumping organ to tell him what fate awaits him within a few lunar rotations. That task successfully completed I moved on with my duties.

I proceeded over to the external viewing portal and looked out at the Coop, where only a few time units earlier I had conducted the ritual of heating two bovine patties for ingesting by the Big House staff here at the Ranch. I could see Deputy Larry Ropa at his post but he didn't appear to be thrilled with the idea, especially after the berating I administered him for his persistent absences from his post. He was totally oblivious to the disappearance of Nadine, an amphibian in the sunken aquarium only a few measuring units from his post. His excuse that he's getting old was not to my acceptance. As I explained to him, if I at my age can 'count' the amphibian inventory, then he certainly should be able to maintain that number. He agreed to be more alert. Truth is he REALLY needs to be replaced by a more proactive protector. And since Celtic Wolf did not show to take the job in, "two days," I believe he said, I will assume that he has found a better offer. I may be forced to reactivate Rodney Dangerbird. He may not be able to crow the alarm but he can certainly employ other protective tactics. More important, he loves the job. I will conduct another search for a transplant donor. Perhaps this time I will find one. Until then I just may let Rodney handle things without his crower. Yes, that's it... I can teach him how to rattle the "plate's up" bell already in place. I'll think on it some more but it just might be the best answer to the problem.

I moved on to the communications center where there is hardly any activity among the 18 Members and 106 Guests. However, I read with interest a few reports expressing readiness for the coming period of festivities. We here at the Ranch will also be housing, feeding and entertaining a few close DNA matches during the same period. Meanwhile, I see a strong need to return to the recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy

Spring "Close DNA Match To Myself" Chicken
Spring Texas USA