Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stoker for XL Question

BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
edited 6:39PM in EggHead Forum
For those of you that have XL's and use the stoker is the 5 cfm fan blower sufficient or should you upgrade to the 10 cfm?
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    10 is better, but the 5 will work too.
    ·
  • I'd recommend the 10cfm blower.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • I have the DigiQ 2 and have the 10 CFM fan. I'm very happy with it.
    ·
  • I've never tried the 10, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but the 5 is certainly sufficient for me. The last cook I did, it took about 20 minutes to move the grate temp from 240 to 300 degrees at the end of the cook.

on a different cook I did try to get the egg up to 425 to cook some cornbread after the shoulder was done and it never got about maybe 350-375, but I'm not sure whether that was an air-flow problem or a fuel problem given that it had already been cooking for 18 hours.

Andrew
    ·