Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NFL Gameday Peach Ribs

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off......sorry no pics. Next time I'll post them.

The Peach Baby Back's in Dr. BBQs NFL Gameday Cookbook are great. My family and friends devoured them. Even my autistic son, who is very fussy with his food choices, enjoyed them!

Here's my adaptation sorta using the 3-1-1 method. The last -1 was cut way short :woohoo:

3- Rub Worcestershire all over so the John Henry Pecan Rub would stick well. 3 hours in the Large at 250 Indirect using a rib rack.

1- Peach Preserves apllied heavily to the meaty side and Turbinado sprinkled on top of that. Double foiled, tented with a 1/4 cup of OJ under the rack of ribs for moisture. Back on for an hour at 250.

1- Baste with Maker's Mark BBQ sauce and back on at 250 as long as you can stand it. We all lasted about 30 minutes. :woohoo:

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Sounds pretty good!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    Thanks. The book is wonderful. The Buffalo Chicken sandwiches were great using the chopped celery and crumbled Bleu.

What made ours neat and yummy was stacking 2 slices of panini bread squished (without the chicken) in the George Foreman grill. It created the lines, with super cruchy outside and warm and soft inside.

I can't wait to tackle more recipes.

If you ever do a second release add more of those mouth watering pictures......no, not the cheerleaders :lol: