Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Northern VA Lump

Options
gdub16
gdub16 Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used to buy my lump from Barbecue Galore which I found out yesterday went out of business. I work in Herndon and Live near leesburg/brambelton. Anyone near buy where do you get your lump from.

Comments

• MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    Options
    I usually buy my lump at Nicholas Chimney in Vienna. The phone number 703-938-8368. They sell BGE lump. The store is in Vienna town, which is probably a little bit of a haul for you coming from Herndon, though.

I've also bought at Whole Foods, Wegman's, Home Depot or Lowe's, but it can be difficult to find inventory in those places in winter, and they tend to carry store brands or Cowboy.

I also buy from Wicked Good (www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com) and have them ship it. That is good lump, and, even with shipping, it is not much more than BGE lump.
  • chrisBBQ
    Options
    I agree with previous post. I live in Leesburg, and now buy all my lump on-line. I have not been able to find a store that sells the good stuff around here. I actually buy Ozark Oak on line, usually through cooking.com, and even though it does make it expensive with the s+h, I think it's worth it in the long run.