Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

heat control

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm having a problem in controlling the initial tempature of my egg? Any suggestions

Comments

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    CHUCK BROWN,
    Ususally patience is a problem, heating the grill dosent take long. cooling it off however takes time. To cool shut the vents for a bit then open the upper vent all the way count to 10 then open the lid for a second then repeat.
    Get in a hurry and forget to count you become a member of the hairless arm club!

• Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 35
    CHUCK BROWN,
    I would suggest that when you fire up your egg:1: stir old lump and check bottom of firebox to make sure it's not too full. 2: Add fresh lump (I do it by hand ) to just below top of firebox. 3: Use BGE wax blocks and place one in center of lump. Leave dome open until it burns off and lump is started. 4: close dome and watch temp. When temp reaches within 25-50 degrees of your desired cooking temp, place daisy wheel on dome and close your bottom damper to about 1/2 inch and your daisy wheel closed except for the daisy petal portion (leave open). This should get you in the 250-300 range after about 10 minutes or so. Once you get it stabilized put your meat on and monitor to get your temp stabilized. Get yourself a remote thermometer (Maverick) so you can go inside and monitor temp easily. This is waht I do. Others may do different. I learned most of my methods from the folks on this forum. Hope this helps.