Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

boston butt weirdness

ovoovo Posts: 11
edited 9:32AM in EggHead Forum
My butt's been on the cooker for about 13 hours at 250. Internal temp. was at 187 about an hour ago but has since fallen to 182. I've raised the dome temp to about 280, and the internal temp is starting to rise, but I can't remember this happening before. Is it normal? (btw, I recently calibrated the dome thermometer, so I don't think that's the issue). Thanks for any responses,

Lewis.

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Ok one more time :)

As the collagen break down there can be a drop in internal temp. This is normal and not usually seen unless you are standing over your cook..

Go have another beer and wait for the alarm to go off :woohoo:
  • ovoovo Posts: 11
    Thanks much...
  • ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    Pete,
    As much as you answer this question, I would think you would just cut and paste. :laugh:

Rick
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    NAHHH this way it keeps him busy and out of trouble :P
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Ohhhh funny lady.. Go cook something!!! :woohoo: