Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holding Brisket ?

Options
Egg And I
Egg And I Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having a group over next weekend for Q. Only have a large Egg and need to do several runs. I can manage ribs, chix, and ABT's the day of the party but need to do brisket a day or two in advance just to fit everything in. For long term I'd vac seal and freeze; for this I can vac bag and either hold over 140 for 24 hours or so, or refrigerate and re-heat. I'm also thinking it's best to hold the cooked brisket whole and slice just before eating.

I could also start the brisket on the Egg for a few hours, say overnight, then pull and finish in the temperature-regulated storage bin with the clock on it to make room for the ribs etc.

Suggestions welcome. NO, she won't let me buy more eggs. Already tried that route...

Comments

• Abelman
    Options
    Do the brisket beforehand as I think they are just as good if not better the net day. You can place it in an aluminium pan and into the oven it goes at 200. Make sure you save any juices and put them in the pan as well. This will take some time so foil the top and that will help with the time factor.

Take the internal to 140. I would leave it whole and not seperate the point from the flat until after you have reheated it. This will keep it as juicy as possible.