Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Becks in MN

Mike in MNMike in MN Posts: 546
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted a reply to your question (on that bandwidth burners post), and by the time I got the answer pecked out on the PC, the forum had removed the entire posting. so here is a copy of my response, as I am sure you are wondering if you should drive over and pick up that new toy today or not. ;>[p]
Becks,[p]I bought mine last summer at a pool store off 35E and County Rd C. They were helpful and they had a Lg BGE in stock, so I broke down and bought one. I use Maple Leaf charcoal that I order over the internet.[p]It's a great grill, and it works wonders on most foods cooked on it. They dooo work! I prefer ribs and pork shoulders. Low temps, and slow cooks. [p]My main reason for purchasing was the ability to cook through our winters. I have had great luck. It lights and heats up faster than the gas grill. (anytime) I use an electric lighter ($10 Fleet Farm, Menards) and it is "going" in about 5-7 minutes. The weather has no effect on the grill. Wind, cold, darkness....it doesn't care. In fact, I have pork marinating now (rubbed) that I am going to grill either today or tomorrow. I haven't been outside yet today, but the wind chill LOOKS to be on the "minus" side. [p]I never cooked outdoors in the winter because I couldn't get the old gas grill heated enough to work its magic. Now I can stand out there and freeze, but I'm happy![p]Most recommendations and recipes can be found here on the forum, or their links. Feel free to write back to my E-mail, and I'd be glad to discuss the BGE. [p]Mike in MN (Brooklyn Park)
realtor@isd.net[p]