Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

char buddy's annual posts of the year

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yeap, time to review the past year for best posts, most unusual posts, best memories, etc.[p]10. Sure wish Cat, Char Woody, Spin, Doc Chicken and several others would/could come back in all their glory. .[p]9. Best vacation. Smoking Todd. After a little more rest maybe he comes back relaxed and back to his old self.[p]8. Best innovation - I don't know when MickeyT first produced those temp rings of his, but it is about time we recognize them. They are a must have for low temps.[p]7. Best new product. Nature Boy and BBQfan's Dizzy Pig product line of rubs. Each one is better than the other. J. Appledog's disappearing mustard gets a lifetime achievement award.[p]6. Wished we'd been there award: There are several in this category. We wished we could have at the dinner for the Rabbi.Was that Mollyshark or Qbabe? It sounded tasty. We wish we could have been at the Eggtober Fest. And most of all we wish we could have been at the Eggfest. [p]5. Best Pet - Whose got that pot-bellied pig? (is that Qbabe or Mollyshark) That's the pet of the year.[p]4. Best Lifestyle award: Many serious candidates. Cornfed's got that Jet tailgate going. But KennyG's got those prime steaks and all those wonderful toys. Ravenhaus' got the best pictures and all that poetry for the princess. Tim's moved to some beachhouse. GFW's got that Life is Good thing and great vacations. But I think Woodoogies gets it. He's a bachelor living next door to a butchershop. He can go where he wants, whenever he wants. Cook what he wants, whenever he wants and he's figured some way to make briskets with smoke rings that could him arrested if the proper authorities ever saw'em. The runner up lifestyle goes to Joel. Again, he's a bachelor, but you get the impression he's having a little too much fun.[p]4. Best new recipe. That pumpkin thing somebody made at the Eggtober Fest. Awesome.[p]3. Best website: Naked Whiz gets it this year. He turned his website into a handy-dandy consumer's report on lump. Saved us all a lot of time and trouble.[p]2. Best fireman award: In the past Spin would have won this award. His pizza posts are a model of how to help newbies. KennyG is always a strong candidate. But this year TimM gets it. Yeah, the guy some folks love to take a shot at. Tim helped another site get off the ground and is one of the few folks that can explain picture posting in plain english. way to go timmy.[p]1. Best Post of the year. I gotta give this one to BBQBeth. This is the woman that got into a custody fight over the family BGE and apparently won. That'll show'em Beth. You go girl.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    My char bud-bud-bud-DAY,
    Great post. Certainly do pershiate the mention. Tryin our best.[p]On 10. Yeah, would be nice to have some of the oldtimers posting now. But hell...we got JSlot back in full motion! And the others you mention will be back. it takes time, and the right frame of mind to post on the forum. Cat is swamped. Spin prolly busy too...but he's around.[p]9. Best vacation. Smoking Todd.
    I, too, hope he has been breathing deeply and saying "ohmmmm". He's like a roller coaster though.[p]8. Best innovation - I don't know when MickeyT first produced those temp rings of his....[p]I agree. They are handy little tools. And nothing has caused so much controversy. No problems though. MickT is a class act and you don't see him gettin all bent out of shape at the differing opinions![p]7. Best new product. Nature Boy and BBQfan's Dizzy Pig product line of rubs.[p]Shucks. You are kind sir. I am needing to call J. Appledog's and order me some more of that disappearing mustard. My nephew DRINKS her "dangerously hot sauce"[p]
    4. Best Lifestyle award: But I think Woodoogies. The runner up lifestyle goes to Joel.[p]Woodog is a madman. movin and groovin. Joel Ferman fully deserves this lifestyle award, though, IMO. I could not have even dreamt of a better collegehood of eating. mine consisted of mac-n-cheese, and oodles of noodles. Joel is styling.[p]4. Best new recipe. That pumpkin thing somebody made[p]Yeah, rhum and jerk. Sounds killer. I have not had the time yet.[p]3. Best website: Naked Whiz..[p]That's a real good one. Good feller too.[p]1. Best Post of the year. I gotta give this one to BBQBeth.[p]That was a classic.[p]Thanks for the post, CB.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ