Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili and Cornbread

Options
Laker
Laker Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cold and dreary day here at Lake Tippecanoe in NE Indiana. So, time to make chili and cornbread in 2 Dutch Ovens. I use a "little" red wine in my chili so it cooks off quickly.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Oh, that looks mighty fine there. Thanks for sharing.

GG
  • Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    Usually at this time I am in SE UTAH. St. George and Hurricane area. Play golf and hike. You live in a beautiful part of the country.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that looks great!!!

next time if you want try chili cornbread pie

DSCN1122.jpg

Chili, Cornbread, Pie

When I got home last night there was nothing in the fridge but some suspect hot dogs and wilted carrots.... and after searching through the kitchen for a while, things weren't looking too promising for dinner.Opening the freezer, there it was ..... a quart of chili made a couple months back... and looking through the cupboards, there was fixins for cornbread. I like cornbread with chili and having remembered seeing a recipe for combining the two, I thought I'd wing it.

1/2 chopped onion
    ~ 1 14 oz. can creamed corn
    about 1/2 cup of milk
    1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    dollop of mayo (no eggs and couldn't think what else to use)
    about 1.5 cups of yellow cornmeal
    3 tsp baking powder

1 Fill the bottom of a 12" cast iron skillet with about a quart of chili.
    2 Mix well. Try to keep the mixture from getting too thick or too thin..... it should just pour out of the bowl.
    3 Evenly pour over the chili and bake until brown on top.
    4 Have a moment of silence for the greens, crack a PBR and eat.

Recipe Source
    Author: WooDoggies

Source: BGE Forum on 2004/06/17

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Nice pictures, chili and corn bread look tasty! Well you post the recipes?

Ross
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    GREAT lookin combo laker..made a pot of chili and some cornbread last weekend and ate on the chili all week long!...been working on a pot of pinto beans all day today and made egret's banana bread from the 08 eggtoberfest recipes...once again, never hada bad recipe from John..was a big hit!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    That is nice country down there and about 50° - 75° warmer during the winter. It sure is a fun place to play.

GG