Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Turkey

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What are your favorite recipes/temperatures for cooking turkey in an egg?[p]Do I need a vertical roaster?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Betty, go to the recipes sections and look at the one below and also Cat's Butterflied Turkey. I do not use a vertical roaster and have really been pleased with my results. I typically do mine indirect at about 325 or so.

[ul][li]Geoff Maw's Super Buzzard[/ul]
  • Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Betty,
    It is a matter of opinion. Some people use a v-rack, some people butterfly it, and some people use the VTR. I personally use the VTR. I spray the turkey with Pam (or the like) and put a Digital Thermometer in it. Set the BGE for 325 degrees and let it cook. A lot of people brined their bird this year, but I'm a very lazy/busy cook. With kids and a full time and a half job, if I can't put it on with the least amount of effort, I don't have time to do it.
    Julie

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Betty,
    I cook at 325-350, indirect but on the grill over a drip pan and as a guide, I figure 10 mins per pound.